Closer ties between art and the communities that surround its production.
Editions in Space offers a digital layer to showcase art infrastructure and stories of residents + creatives at the neighbourhood scale.
Join us in imagining a platform dedicated to the discovery of local art and artists via this survey.
THE ORIGIN STORY
As an independent artist and curator, I’ve experienced the challenge of securing representation at festivals, institutions, and galleries. My practice has evolved by presenting projects at unconventional venues and in novel formats.
Éditions was born out of my struggle to reach audiences in the immediate vicinity of disused spaces and ephemeral works. Art promotion relies on publications, websites, and social media, and there are limited options to discover art based on proximity.
Éditions introduces the possibility of …
- Discovering ephemeral and permanent culture embedded in a neighbourhood
- Exposure based on proximity; artists can set up profiles and focus on art production
- Content delivery to relevant and invested audiences i.e. those who already share space with artists
Éditions relieves the nuisance of …
- Feeding algorithms that favour louder, more spectacular voices
- Posting incessantly on social media to thrive in the attention economy
- Seeking relevance on the global stage, instead of focussing on local offerings and concerns